· 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
· 1 medium onion, chopped, well cooked
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
· 2 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
· 350ml (12 fl oz) water
· 400g of lentils, (soak over night if possible to avoid long cooking time)
· 1 mango - peeled, stone removed and diced
· half a bunch fresh coriander, chopped
· salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place the onion in the pot, and cook until tender. Stir in garlic, cook until tender, then mix in the sweet potatoes, tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender.
2. Stir the lentils into the pot and cook uncovered until heated through. Mix in the mango and coriander, and season with salt.