70 grams buckwheat flour
70 grams brown rice flour
1 lightly rounded teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ teaspoon bread soda
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg
120 ml natural yoghurt (goat’s for dairy free)
125-150 ml coconut or almond milk
1 tablespoon melted butter or odourless coconut oil
1. Sieve all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Whisk wet ingredients together and add to flour mixture. Stir into dry ingredients and mix to a smooth thick creamy batter.
3. Heat pan, add a little butter (dairy free butter for dairy free) or coconut oil, then spoon mixture onto pan. Allow bubbles to appear before turning over. Allow to cook for one more minute, then serve with your favourite topping.
· Add berries, nuts, sliced banana, apples and other fruits before turning pancake on pan.
· Transform to a savoury pancake by omitting cinnamon.
· Diabetic friendly version: Add some nuts and seeds for extra protein.
· Vegan friendly version: Replace eggs and natural yoghurt with 250 ml soya or coconut yoghurt. Cook pancakes in coconut oil.
· Dairy free: Omit natural yoghurt – replace with soya, coconut, or goat’s options